TRANSLATION

Monday 14 August 2017

Kawah putih Ciwidey # Summer Course ITB Pharmacy

Early morning trip to Kawah Putih Ciwidey, with the fellow Summer Course friends.


Briefly introduce a bit regarding of KAWAH PUTIH(White Crater) is a striking crater lake and tourist spot in a volcanic crater about 50 km south of Bandung in West Java in Indonesia. Kawah Putih lake is one of the two craters which make up Mount Patuha, an andesitic stratovolcano , which is a composite volcano. 
Another special of Kawah Putih crater is a acidic lake and white colour sand. Kawah Putih highly acid lake which changes colour from bluish to whitish green, or brown, depending on the concentration of sulfur and the temperature or the oxidation state.The sand and rocks surrounding the lake have been also leached into whitish colours through interaction with the acidic lake waters . Another nature of beauty that explained by chemical reaction theory. This is cool.

Too much of tourists were taking photo under the "KAWAH PUTIH" big sign. Emy was waiting so long for her turn. So Emy choose to take photo opposite road, Emy is smart , Please be like Emy. ^....^

**********

 Once we reached there, even the sun look blazing hot. It’s only illusion, the cool air hit against my face refreshing and cold. The smell wasn’t pleasant, like some one fart in the air, the sulphur smell was strong.




My lecturer  told me the temperature 22C for day , and might came to 5 C even lower in night. The sun was so blazing while I m freezing. Luckily I brought a thick jacket with me. Kinda worry for those tourists  in their short pants or thin singlet. Wondering were their leg felt cold.





Kawah putih crater need a short distance travel by the those orange colour van. Riding in the van all along the small road to top, was total new adrenaline increase, thrilling experience for me ,but I saw my male friends kinda enjoy it. The driver was driving a van like a Jungle truck,we were swept to left and right , back and front. The journey took 15 minutes, I felt to throw out my breakfast. HAHAHA

**********


The colour of lake and sand very pretty. Imaging a photo of me swimming in lake with bikini and sunglass on head. It will be awesome instagram photo. BUT!!!! Keep in mind, this is highly acidic lake, I guess I will came out as skeleton after swim HAHAAH.!!  NO SWIMMING !!!! ITS VERY DANGEROUS!!!!


The smell of fart was getting stronger. Sellers were selling the face mask all along the way. Other than mask , they sell volcano cream, sulphur , and offering photo-shoot  service.


We were taking few selfies in the middle of small stairs, without knowing this actually cause temporary "Traffic jam ". A long queue behind of me when I turned my head back. All I did was kept apologize to my friends behind of me. 

**********

After 1 hour of spending time, walk around and took photos. Again we took same orange van to back. All of us were stuck in this little small van, like a sandwich. Can you spotted ? No door , only one small stainless steel chain secured between the space (door)

There were lot of shops in  both side of us. They were selling, souvenirs, clothes, toys, food, snacks and fruits. While waiting for another group of us came, I had a look from shop to shop , searching for somethings interesting.

 Big Foot cuddle only 50K rp
(Considered of the bus was small and no extra space , I dint buy and I m regretting of it!!)



I m a strawberry lover. The strawberry really catch my attention, and blueberry too. They offered good price for 2 boxes  40k rp and  I paid without hesitated. I silent for awhile, as the shop next to me actually offered 3 boxes for 50 k rp.

"ALL BECAUSE I M TOO EXCITED OF BUYING IT, I SHOULD WAIT AND COMPARE THE PRICE FIRST. "

A mistake of mine HAHA(Even the price had not much different, but the  feeling of paying more wasn’t good . Anyone same with me?)

Ice cream in the cold weather was swaggggg ^.......^ 

No comments: